Picked this up at Otakon. It came with stickers and decals but being a painter, this was the much more obvious choice. Painting the trim and lining is a lot cleaner and simpler than stickers.

In the second picture you can see my progress on the deck. To give the Merry the worn look it has I decided to dry brush a medium darkness muddy brown. I might lightly touch it up with an off white or a darker brown so the color isn't too consistent, then follow it up with a black wash to make the crevices show more clearly. Same will be done to the body and the cabin but using different colors.


NCR Anti-Material Rifle Scope

This is a project I was contracted to do, while I wish it was the whole rifle I'm just doing the scope. I've actually been working on this for the past couple days but most of the major progress was today.

The wooden cones were shaped on the lathe today but the smaller cone needs some additional work by hand tomorrow when the glue dries. The pvc ring will be moved to the center and have bottle caps drilled in to act as the adjustment knobs.

Once the cones are shaped I'll be using a good amount of Bondo to fill in gaps and clean up edges/seams. I'll start on the scope mounts after everything else is finished. The larger cone shown was finished earlier this evening.

More to come!


Scout Rifle

This is the start of my updates to the Scout Rifle for Welkin Gunther from Valkyria Chronicles.

Last year's model was rushed and I cut some corners and unfortunately didn't completely finish some details. For Otakon the 'metal' parts are getting a new paint job, the wood is getting a couple coats of varathane for a smooth finish, and I re-examined the bolt system so it should slide much smoother. The trigger has also been redone so it moves more smoothly. The grip has already been reshaped for a more realistic and natural grip.